Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Bummer Summer


Bummer Summer: That was the Huffington Post headline the other day!
Yeh, I know what they’re talking about! But I had all the confidence that if I gave it time, this too would change!!
The weather was the pits; I hurt – I couldn’t move much; (see My Medical Rant); but all this has improved and so as August came to a close day-time temperatures rose; the nebboch/nebbish (Dictionary.com defines a nebboch is a perpetual loser and nebbish as "A person, esp. a man, who is pitifully ineffectual, timid, or submissive." My favorite definition I discovered online was "a sad sack.") Podiatrist did finally get the inner-soles adjusted so they don’t hurt when I wear them and we are in the midst of packing up for the first leg of our winter sojourn on September 15th. It is with great relief that we’ve made it this far! Hopefully the improvement of my ankle/foot will prevail.
I must admit there were some highlights over the summer: Chuck and Sheila (the folks we often travelled with came to visit shortly after we got home (we had really missed them this winter) and then we went up to Wetaskiwin to celebrate my Big Birthday with them.
the colour of the Canola crops was amazing
Sharon (one of our best friends from Calgary) came to visit and I think it was here she decided to make a dramatic change in her life. Since her July visit, she has put her house in Calgary up for sale and has moved to B.C.
My sister (and her daughter and friend, all from Vancouver) did a fly-by visit for a night and then RV friends from Pennsylvania spend a couple of days here. We did a cold and rainy day-trip up to Waterton. 

 













Our good friends from Yuma came to visit and we revisited Writing-on-Stone - our favourite nearby park – with them. 









Oh, yes, we found a little Tracker-4 wheel drive that we decided was something we just couldn’t live without.









So, all-in-all, the summer was not as quiet or as draggy as I felt it was.
Our Big Change
Well, like I said, we are in the midst of packing up to leave on September 15th. This is our Big Change!
Our plans are to tour around Yellowstone and the Tetons and visit some friends in Wyoming while the weather is still reasonable (we hope). We will head to Truth and Consequences to visit Deb and Jer and leave the Motor Home there. We will drive the car back and spend Christmas in Alberta – what a new experience for us.
Our plan is to take the Tracker down in January and stay later in the spring to see the wildflowers in bloom.
We’re thinking about touring eastward but as most of our plans – that too can change. Well, that’s it. We’ll be on the road when we add another entry to the Photo Journal.

2 comments:

Betty Prange said...

Recognized Waterton...when I worked in Glacier I used to give a tour in the red "jammer" bus (30's vintage) from East Glacier to Waterton.
Hope you have a great time in Yellowstone and hope to see you at some point this winter.

Jaimie Hall-Bruzenak said...

That will be an interesting change! We had a Suzuki for years- basically the same as a Tracker but different company selling them. Love it and it ran forever. Hope to see you sometime this winter.