Saturday, August 9, 2014

 On Being Half-Homeless . . . Help!
If Change is so good . . . Why do we feel so lost?
********************************************
Dad had so many great saying . . . but the one that comes to my mind over and over is:
I saw a man who wasn’t there,
I looked again – he wasn’t there,
I looked again – he wasn’t there,
I wish he’d go away
********************************************
I was never sure what he meant until now . . .
********************************************
I saw the motorhome that wasn’t there,
I looked again – it wasn’t there,
I looked again – it wasn’t there,
I wish it would go away.
********************************************
I look out to where the Motor-Home should be . . .


 The memory of our little winter home is fading but it’s tough to imagine travelling without it.

And what are we going to do next season?
This has been such an interesting exercise - planning for a southern adventure without an RV. It really does change your whole concept of travel. The three options we’ve come up with (in order of what we would like to do):
1. find Park-model units to rent for a couple of weeks up to a month in two or three different parks
- maybe even Texas or Louisiana

2. find a small affordable Class C that we can purchase and leave down south
3. find condos to rent for a couple of weeks up to a month in two or three different places
We’ve had a little help from our friends to find places but any more suggestions would be most appreciated!!
Can you help?
Do you know any RV parks that might rent out Park Models for a week to a month?
T I A

1 comment:

Jaimie Hall-Bruzenak said...

Voyager RV Resort has park model rentals. http://www.voyagerrv.com/the-voyager/rv-resort/#tab-park-model-rentals

You could probably find additional ones by googling RV park model rentals and the area you are interested in.

Jaimie