Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Phase Two–A Different Life

Onward and upward!!

Back to Vancouver Island for our winter hiatus.
As we started exploring our alternatives, the Canadian $ kept going down and the Travel Medical Insurance kept going up . . . our decision to head to Vancouver Island again for our winter get-away was reinforced.
As we researched the possibilities . . . we experienced extreme anxiety envisioning the same dreaded situation we got ourselves into last winter. We really wanted to see the place before we committed ourselves to a couple of months in a place we did not like.
Lo and behold, my brother came up with a solution!! Their plans were to go down to Mexico for a couple of months and we would be able to stay in their place in Victoria.
Sounded like a good idea to me!! So we will head out right after New Years and see how things go.
I think I have finally accepted that we will no longer travel in our little home on wheels. For me, it’s been a difficult transition.
When we started out in 2001, I swore I was not ready to give up my work . . . I would take a major sabbatical just to see make sure it suited me.
It took me a while to get used to a Lifestyle of small spaces on wheels moving around from one place to another.
I lost my love of hotels many years before we starting RVing. And flying? . . . that lost its charm when they started cramming in more and more seats; stopped serving snacks and meals; and started charging for carry-on luggage.
Our attempt to rent a Park Model in an RV Park in Yuma was an ultimate failure never to be repeated, we hope.
On the positive side, we enjoyed our Western trip this summer . . . ah-huh . . . maybe that is the answer!!

We’re going to have to learn to tolerate Canadian winters sooner or later . . . so maybe this will be sooner rather than later away from Lethbridge.
The Lethbridge Summer highlights are sparse.
A lot of medical time . . . we have more intimate relationships with the medical community than we would really choose . . . but have come out the other end doing well.
We took our trip up to Wetaskiwin to visit Chuck and Sheila . . .
They took out the Tourist Information Building across the road this summer . . . 


We managed to solve all the problems of the world again and had a wonderful food filled visit with Thom and Dar . . . get a new floor and furniture . . .


and enjoy our wonderful western view . . . 

1 comment:

Jaimie Hall-Bruzenak said...

I hope your winter goes well! Nice you have your brother's house to stay in.